The National Band Council is made up of Councillors from each State and an elected Executive of President, Vice President and Executive Officer.
The Council meets on an annual basis at its conference. In between conferences, the Council makes major decisions via non-personal votes. The NBCA Executive is empowered to manage the operations of the Council between conferences.
Current Council members are:
- President: Position Vacant
- Vice President: Mr Adrian Loone (TAS)
- Executive Officer: Mr Tony Schraven (WA)
- New South Wales: Ms Beverly Newitt
- Queensland: Ms Annette Ries
- South Australia: Mr Bruce Raymond
- Tasmania: Dr Courtney Brown
- Victoria: Ms Megan Stapleton
- Western Australia: Mr Rob McCormack
- Mr James Morrison AM
- Mr Robert Bedwell OAM
- Mr Adrian Loone