Brief snippets courtesy of President, Robert Bedwell, from the 2006 NBCA AGM and Conference:
- The newly appointed Executive Officer for the NBCA is Allen Woodham (from South Australia).
- The QBA unlimited time limit for the Own Choice for all grades did not get up, nor the deletion of on stage march.
- Dual registration – there is a change here that should satisfy the states in particular who asked.
- Definition of conductor has been modified, however, not ‘open slather’ – it will be anyone who is acceptable within a state governing bodies own regulations/by-laws. For some degree of consistency in registration matters it was felt that all registration matters be the realm of the state governing bodies, until the States decide that a uniform set of National regulations is acceptable to all. This is a possible project for the future should the States be willing to accept it.
- The poaching regulation has been deleted as it is unenforceable.
- The venues for the 2007 National Championships in Ivanhoe were very good. We had to rely on the venue people advising that acoustics were acceptable. There are a number of issues that the VBL has to address with short term target dates that will be monitored stringently.
- The State hosts for the 2008 Nationals will be announced Monday, 3rd July.
This brief release is pending a full report and minutes to be issued by the NBCA in due course.